Black Friday Deals in South Africa 2018
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the day that many consumers have been waiting for, where sales actually make sense and instead of a 20% discount, retailers offer up to 80% off.
Many South Africans have been saving their hard-earned money for the day that retailers finally give us a sale that we deserve.
When is Black Friday in 2018?
This year, Black Friday will be on Friday, 23 November 2018. We hope that you’ve been saving, because if your payday is not on the 15th, you might need to sit this one out.
How do I get in on the good deals?
Many retailers are clinging to the mystery of their sales. Your best bet is to sign up to newsletters, RSVP to the Facebook events, allow push notifications or download specific stores’ apps, to be informed on sale products. If you haven’t shopped online with certain stores in the past, it would work in your favour to register and create a profile on stores website’s that you are most likely to shop from BEFORE Black Friday. The last thing you want is to waste time creating a profile when you’re pushed for time at checkout.
The best Black Friday deals in 2018
- Makro has introduced an online drive-thru at the Riversands store, where consumers are encouraged to make their purchases online and simply collect their items at the drive-thru area.
- Takealot’s Blue Dot Sale will last for 5 days and include items such as laptops, cellphones, gaming equipment, tech gadgets, kitchen appliances, beauty products, and more.
- Raru has released a statement saying that their Black Friday deals offer discounts between 30% – 80% off their already reduced prices.
- Superbalist claims that their sale will be the biggest fashion Black Friday sale. The sale will start on 23 November and end on 26 November 2018.
- Zando boasts that its Black Friday sale is going to be bigger this year than it was last year, Zando is pretty secretive about their sale.
- Shoprite and Checkers are the pioneers of Black Friday sales in South Africa and this year, they boast discounts of up to 50% off.
- Game has remained mum on items and discounts on offer this Black Friday. What we do know is that selected Game stores will open as early as 12:01am on Friday, 23 November 2018.
- Clicks encourages shoppers to join their Facebook event for a pre-Black Friday Extravaganza and deal previews. You can expect 70% off fitness technology, 50% off electrical items, 40% off household items, 30% off baby items and more. The sale starts on 16 and runs until 22 November 2018.
- Amazon will start their Black Friday deals as early as 1 November 2018, and some of the best deals will be available from 19 November 2018, all the way through until Cyber Monday, which is 26 November 2018, where you can find deals on Amazon devices, gaming bundles and other tech equipment. Be sure to check that the items are eligible for shipping to South Africa.
- Price Check starts their Black Friday deals on 19 November until 26 November 2018, with discounts of up to 80% off.