What does a debt counsellor do? An integral part of debt review and financial assistance of this type, the debt counsellor is the point of contact between you and your creditors while under debt review. Their responsibilities vary, but in the end they are there to ensure you get the best possible agreement on your debt when you cannot afford it.
Here is a basic run down of a debt counsellors responsibilities:
• Ensure that the client is over indebted
• To contact and communicate with your creditors
• To discuss and agree upon new rates and terms of repayment
• Explain the full process to clients
• Guide clients through the process from start to finish
• Ensure the client is paying their debt revue rates